ALBERTON - HEAD OFFICE
GET IN TOUCH!
COMPLETE YOUR INFO BELOW AND OUR SALES TEAM WILL GET BACK TO YOU SOONEST.
Standard Returns Policy
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you are not completely satisfied, you can return the product to us and we will either repair/replace it, or credit your account, subject to the below terms.
Preparing your products for a return
To ensure your request is processed as quickly as possible you are responsible for the following when returning your products;
- package your products safely and securely for protection during transit;
- clearly mark your return reference number on the outside of the parcel; and
- include all accessories and parts that were sold with the product.
Failure to adhere to any of these requirements could delay the processing of your request or result in its decline altogether.
Changed your mind?
Where you have changed your mind and would like a credit for a product, you can return it – provided the product is not:
- a digital product such as an eBook, electronic voucher, gaming code or other digital download;
- an audio or video recording or computer software that has been unsealed;
- a newspaper, periodical or magazine;
- a foodstuff, beverage or other product intended for everyday consumption;
- a nursing or maternity product, an infant bottle, infant feeding product or bottle accessory that has been unsealed, including (but not limited to) breast pumps, bottles, teats, soothers/pacifiers, formula, maternity underwear, nappies and wipes;
- a beauty product or fragrance which has been used;
- a product which has been personalised for you or made to your specifications; or
- a flatpack furniture product that has been assembled after delivery.
The return of the product will be at the cost of the client. Items need to be returned to 11 statler road, Alrode South, South Africa.
Want to exchange?
Fashion and sportswear products can be exchanged for a different size or colour variation, provided that such variation is available.
We are entitled to inspect the product to validate your return.
Not what you ordered?
If we accidentally deliver the wrong product to you, or if the product is not as described on the Website, please notify us and we will collect the product from you at no charge. If the product is missing any accessories or parts, you will need to follow the process set out in section 2 below. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will at your choice deliver the correct product to you as soon as possible (if the correct product is available); or refund your account with the purchase price of the product within 10 days of the return
2: Products damaged on delivery
Should a product be damaged or missing any parts or accessories at the time of delivery / collection, please notify us within 7 days of such delivery / collection by email to email@example.com
We will arrange to collect the product from you at no charge. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will at your choice repair / replace the product as soon as possible (if such repair is possible/ we have the same product in stock to use as a replacement) or credit your account with the purchase price of the product (or refund you if that is your preference).
3: Defective products
We do our best to ensure that the products we deliver to you are of a high quality, and in good working order and without defects.
What is a defect? A defect is a material imperfection in the manufacture of a product or any characteristic of a product, which makes the product less acceptable than one would reasonably be entitled to expect in the circumstances. Please refer to our FAQs for some examples.
The following will NOT be regarded as defects and will not entitle you to a return under this section 3:
- faults resulting from normal wear and tear;
- damage arising from negligence, user abuse or incorrect usage of the product;
- damage arising from electrical surges or sea air corrosion;
- damage arising from a failure to adequately care for the product;
- damage arising from unauthorized alterations to the product;
- where the specifications of a product, although accurately described on the Website and generally fit for its intended purpose, do not suit you.
If you have received a product which turns out to be defective or otherwise of poor quality (save for direct warranty products which are discussed below), please notify us as soon as reasonably possible after you become aware of the defect or poor quality, but in any event within 3 months after delivery / collection of the product.
You can do so by logging a return to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will arrange to collect the product from you at no charge. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will at your choice repair / replace the product (if such repair is possible / we have the same product in stock to use as a replacement) or refund your account with the purchase price of the product.
7: Charges and refunds
If you return a defective product to us, but you fail to return all of the accessories and parts that were sold with that product, we are entitled to (subject to applicable law) refuse the return, or only to replace the item that you did return; or to estimate the value of the missing accessories and parts and to credit or refund you in respect of the returned item only.
If you return a product that does not comply with this Policy, you may be liable to reimburse Takealot for the cost of collecting the product from you and the cost of having the product returned to you.
Please note that we only refund to the payment method that you originally used – i.e. payment by credit card will be refunded to the same credit card, payment by Instant EFT or COD (cash on delivery) will be refunded to your nominated bank account.